About Me

My photo
Lift your lamp beside the golden door, Break not the golden rule, avoid well the golden calf, know; not all that glitters is gold, and laissez faire et laissez passer [let do and let pass] but as a shining sentinel, hesitate not to ring the bell, defend the gates, and man the wall

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Chris Christie's speech to the Bush Institute's 4% Growth Conference April 10th 2012

"I’m not looking to be loved. You see I think politicians get themselves in the biggest trouble when they care more about being loved than they care about being respected. That’s why we run up these deficits we run up, that’s why we can’t say no to anything, because we care too much about being loved. I’m loved enough at home, believe me, on occasion..."

I’ve never seen a less optimistic time in my lifetime in this country. And people wonder why. I think its really simple. Its because government’s now telling them ‘stop dreaming’ ‘stop striving’ ‘we’ll take care of you’. We’re turning into a paternalistic entitlement society. That will not just bankrupt us financially it will bankrupt us morally, because when the American people no longer believe that this is a place where only their willingness to work hard and to act with honor and integrity and ingenuity determines their success in life, then we’ll have a bunch of people sitting on a couch waiting for the next government check."







http://youtu.be/sWXxpVVnUEA





http://bcove.me/o7sal1vm
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0412/74987.html



No comments:

Post a Comment